Reliability Engineer, Failure Analysis and Materials Lab
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Vietnam.
- Bachelor's degree in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in any two: CAD, mechanical testing, Analog/Digital Circuit Design, Devices/Sensors, Embedded Systems, Optical Design, RF Engineering, Microfabrication, MEMS, Computed Tomography X-Ray.
- Experience in failure analysis, materials engineering/testing, electrical engineering, and product development.
- PhD in Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience with a focus on experimental work.
- Experience related to design or developing experimental automation, data analysis or statistical analysis.
- Experience in two or more of the following: MATLAB, Python, LabView, R, CAD
- Experience working in a production environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time as needed.
About the job
As a Reliability Engineer, you will play a key role in creating new consumer electronic products that meet a high bar for reliability and performance. You will work closely with the product management and design engineering teams to define standards, specify tests, and then supervise test execution and failure analysis. A broad engineering background and command of statistical methods will help to inform design of new products. Your strong interpersonal and communication skills will be key to ensuring adoption of your technical recommendations.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Investigate failures, identify root cause, and work to drive corrective actions with product teams within DSPA and within Google.
- Develop novel methods for analysis using in-house equipment which reduce cost and improve turnaround time of investigations.
- Use engineering expertise to inform recommendations based on failure analysis.
- Work with partners/vendors/internal teams to develop solutions for engineering issues.
- Manage laboratory and analytical equipment.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?