The Leaf Chronicle
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett / USA TODAY NETWORK seeks a talented Designer to join the Brand Marketing team. Our brand team sits at the intersection of our cross-functional teams, building our brand strategy and leading initiatives that build authentic relationships with our consumers. We seek a passionate designer with expertise in designing integrated brand campaigns, social campaigns, brand identity, and brand architecture development. Our creative organization is an internal creative agency supporting our national flagship news brand, USA TODAY, and our Pulitzer Prize-winning local news brands.
The position will report to the Brand Creative Director.
Your Role + What You Bring:
- You will bring your proficiency in developing and implementing innovative creative solutions for brand campaigns, brand identity, and marketing initiatives across various platforms such as social, digital, print, videos, events, websites, OOH, and other marketing platforms.
- You have the persuasive drive to pitch creative concepts in an organized and strategic way.
- You have an aptitude for intelligently solving challenges in a brief while also adhering to brand guidelines.
- You possess the desire to actively engage and contribute to brainstorms during meetings with the creative team and internal stakeholders.
- You are a natural team player who can collaborate closely with brand managers, creative directors, art directors, designers, copywriters, and marketing leadership across the organization.
- You harbor a learning mindset and critical thinking skills. Your curiosity and passions keep you updated on marketing, design, social, and cultural trends, driving you to inspire innovative creative solutions.
Requirements + Qualifications:
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing work across various platforms. All applicants must have a portfolio to be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent education or experience in a related field.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a graphic designer role in an agency or in-house team.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop and Illustrator are a must, and Adobe After Effects and Figma are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, Asana, and Keynote is a plus.
- Illustration and retouching skills are a plus.
- A positive attitude and the ability to reframe challenges and feedback as opportunities and pivot accordingly.
- Impeccable attention to design detail, ability to multi-task, and execute jobs on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- All-around team player with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $45,000 and $92,000. Base compensation is reflective of many factors, including, but not limited to, the market in which one lives/works, individual education level, skills, certifications and experience. Note: variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable.
- Job Family Marketing
- Job Function Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- United States