Sr. Director, Strategic Segments
The Leaf Chronicle
Sr. Director, Strategic Segments
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
As a company, Gannett is in growth mode and is investing to build a bigger, stronger business that meets the needs of our audiences. We are investing to build new businesses that can drive meaningful growth for the Company. With this in mind, we are looking to hire a Sr. Director – Strategic Segments who will be responsible for B2B subscription sales and partnerships for all 200+ local Gannett markets and USA Today. This includes building a business in Corporate, Education, Single Copy, and Blue Chip channels, such as Hotels. This is an opportunity to build a new business across the Gannett network. The right candidate is someone who can not only think strategically to build these channels but can also execute, driving sales and major partnerships. You will effectively be working as the GM for these businesses. Critical to success will be an ability to build and lead our relationships with senior stakeholders, handle conversations with key client teams, lead partnership negotiations, and work with key internal stakeholders in Content, Ad Sales, and Product.
This role requires building and leveraging effective networks, both inside and outside the organization, and an ability to find a path to a solution that delivers on our goals. The right candidate will be a strategic thinker, with a bias toward action, taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
This is a key revenue-driving position, reporting to the Chief Consumer Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Refine the strategy and value proposition to create a significant business at scale
- Develop marketing & growth plans, sales strategy, and program objectives for our Group Sales, Single Copy, and Blue Chip initiatives to sign on new partners
- Manage a sales team to deliver on the plan
- Build meaningful relationships with new partners by engaging with senior stakeholders from all functions
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing products and build new products to serve our markets. Work with Content and Product teams to deliver these products
- Lead all aspects of program management and execution, from business case development, to deal structuring, negotiating, and closing
- Collaborate internally with senior management, Engineering, Product, Finance, and marketing teams to develop program guidelines, process, workflow, pricing strategy, and rollout plan
- Help onboard newly signed platform partners by creating a scalable repeatable process and own the responsibility for building and launching partnerships
- Help shape our partnership strategy and identify both new areas of focus or existing areas that can be improved across our partner ecosystem
- Actively participate on weekly Growth Leadership team meetings
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding sales and revenue targets. Develops and implements effective sales strategies to maximize revenue across retail outlets, hotel outlets, special events, sporting venues, and vendor fairs. Oversees data analytics to effectively measure and report on key performance indicators including volume, pricing, and profitability.
- 10-15 years of experience in building pipelines, selling to C-Suite, collaborating with partners, and driving opportunities to closure
- Expertise in developing business cases, financial analysis and modeling, and familiarity with legal agreements
- Expertise in driving Single Copy and Blue Chip sales and revenue targets is preferred.
- An orientation towards outcomes and delivering on goals
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to work cross-functionally
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, obstacles, and flexibility
- Ability to launch cross-functional projects and multitask with excellent organizational skills
- Have experience working in fast-paced, high-growth environments
This position reports to the Chief Consumer Officer. Will collaborate closely with peers/leaders on the Consumer Monetization & Growth team, Product Organization as well as other internal stakeholders – and lead a team.
- Job Family Marketing
- Job Function Marketing Support
- Pay Type Salary
- United States