Manager, Advisor Sales
The Leaf Chronicle
Manager, Advisor Sales
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Inside Sales Manager
Gannett/LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps, and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end-to-end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients with the confidence to grow.
Our core values are community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose, and Belief in People. If you share these values, come join our family!
If success motivates you, check us out:
Gannett is seeking a strategic and tactically driven Inside Sales Manager to build and lead a high-performance, local Inside sales team. The Sales Leader will direct activity to meet and exceed revenue goals and objectives and manage a team of Inside sales reps.
What will you do?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for the sales effort including day-to-day management of the team.
- Responsible for the implementation of sales strategies and department procedures.
- Prepare and manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve targets.
- Improve quality and reduce defects with a plan of continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for the ongoing improvement of products, services, ad content, and layout.
- Establish promotional and sales efforts for growing advertising revenues and increasing market share.
- Identify regional competitive threats and create promotional packages to overcome competition.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with advertisers.
- Provide coaching and feedback for sales staff to support talent development and ensure they meet sales goals
- Participate in sales calls with sales staff to ensure that sales reps are properly executing training knowledge and meeting the customer’s needs.
- Review account planning on a quarterly basis in order to make adjustments and assess the progress of the team.
- Has a deep understanding of the market, customers, prospects, market share, spending shifts, and key trends.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Sales Leadership experience. Digital advertising sales are preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- A track record of innovation and initiative
- Proven record of successfully leading a goal-oriented, highly accountable Sales team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build and manage a B2B sales organization
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $51,300 and $120,750. Base compensation is reflective of many factors, including, but not limited to, the market in which one lives/works, individual education level, skills, certifications, and experience. Note: variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable.
We believe that diversity benefits and enhances everyone's development at Gannett. Our goal is to attract, develop, and retain the best and brightest from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life. This requires our organization to cultivate an inclusive culture in which all employees feel valued, are treated fairly, have a work-life balance, and have the opportunity to be successful at Gannett. We offer an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace. We offer competitive compensation with uncapped incentives and world-class benefits, including comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401(K), Paid Time Off, and more.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Inside Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- United States