To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
MARKETING/ SALES INTERNSHIPS
USA TODAY NETWORK/ Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize-winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, our digital marketing services brand LocaliQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team.
At Gannett, Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity are core pillars of our organization and influence all that we do. We foster an environment that lifts all voices and welcomes everyone to take part in our journey into the future where every employee is heard, respected, and given an equal opportunity to thrive.
Visit https://usatodaynetworkcareers.com/ to learn more about our employment and internship opportunities and https://usatodaynetworkcareers.com/internships/ to learn more about our internship program.
The B2B Marketing Solutions Sales, Marketing, and Advertising teams are accepting applications for our 10-week Spring 2024 Internship Program which will begin February 19, 2024. This internship experience will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with top B2B Marketing experts, exposure to multiple divisions (client support, presales data/insights/operations, marketing, and creative services, local sales teams, and national sales), and an assigned mentor to help guide and advise you along the way. Hours will range from 15-30 hours weekly based on student availability.
With industry-leading technology and digital marketing services, our team shares a commitment to supporting local commerce, enabling businesses to connect with customers where we live, work, and serve.
These opportunities are fully remote, with a few being hybrid in the market. Company laptops and office supplies are provided.
As an Intern working with your assigned team, you will develop and apply your experience and skills in:
- Supporting and interacting directly with our Account and Digital Executives
- May set appointments and create qualified leads
- May work with Search Engine Marketing and Web Presence Optimization
- May work with display advertising and print advertising
- Networking opportunities and events
- Shared experiences with key leaders
- Learning client engagement and communication skills
- Assisting in campaign strategy development
- CRM management, including data entry
- Researching competitive data; identifying digital targets
- Learning how to maintain and grow existing accounts
- Developing new business leads with client research and prospecting
- Pre-planning, customizing, and optimizing sales campaigns
- Creating client-specific ad templates including ad specifications
- Using prospecting and system tools such as Salesforce
What you will bring to the table:
- An energetic, strategic, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate the benefits of our audience-based marketing solutions as they each relate to needs
- Critical thinking with creative abilities
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university
- Technologically savvy and a fast learner
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- CRM systems knowledge helpful
DEVELOP, GROW, and JOIN the next generation of talent for Gannett/USA TODAY NETWORK!
The hourly rate for this role will range between $8.22 and $16.83. Base compensation is reflective of many factors, including, but not limited to, the market in which one lives/works, individual education level, skills, certifications, and experience. Note: variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable.
- Job Family General
- Job Function Intern
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- United States