Data Insights and Analysis Manager
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
The Data Insights and Analysis Manager will play a pivotal role in driving the Client Success org data initiatives forward, ensuring we extract valuable insights from our vast repositories of data. This role demands a combination of technical proficiency, business acumen, and leadership skills to drive analytics projects that will provide actionable insights for our business. We are looking for a data driven leader who impacts value through data mining and statistical modelling to minimize advertiser churn, improve team member efficiency & ultimately lower cost to serve our advertisers. The successful candidate will thrive on building creative data sets but most importantly be able to glean actionable insights for our Sales and Post-Sales Support teams.
- Define and oversee the data analytics strategy, aligning with company North Star objectives and key performance metrics.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to identify high-value data analytics projects.
Data Analysis & Insights:
- Manage and lead the analysis of complex data sets to derive actionable insights.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality data reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Experience building and maintaining efficient SQL queries.
- Interpret results from multiple sources using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation to complex statistical analysis.
- Establishing correlation and causation of various Sales & Post Sales activities and their impact to customer retention.
- Custom predictive modelling, multivariate analysis & insights to action upon.
- Work closely with other departments such as Sales, Post-Sales Support and Business Intelligence to understand their data needs and provide solutions.
- Act as a bridge between technical and non-technical teams, simplifying complex data findings into actionable business insights.
- Working with on and offshore Data Analysts to glean valuable insights and data points.
- Getting buy in from other departments to drive your projects and analysis forward.
- Work with Innovation team to identify areas for improved efficiency based on data insights.
Data Quality & Governance:
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data used for analysis.
- Building efficient SQL queries & compiling new data tables.
- Advocate for data governance best practices, ensuring data privacy, and compliance regulations are met.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, or related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis or a related role.
- Proven hands-on expertise with statistical analysis, data modeling etc.
- Experience managing Digital Marketing Campaigns & familiarity their key performance metrics.
- Strong proficiency in data analytics tools (e.g., SQL, R, Python, Big Query) and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Looker).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to present complex information in an understandable format.
- Business acumen with the ability to translate data insights into actionable business recommendations.
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $38,700 and $93,150. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable.
- Job Family Marketing
- Job Function Marketing Analytics
- Pay Type Salary
- United States