Senior Producer, Podcasts
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
The USA TODAY NETWORK seeks a Senior Producer to join its podcast team. This person must be experienced in digital video and audio production and be comfortable crafting both. The candidate is passionate about developing and executing thoughtful content that delights audiences and sponsors. They are a creative storyteller with sharp attention to detail, an instinctive editing style and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. A track record of creating and managing successful digital content at a large media organization or agency is essential.
The audio team is currently responsible for our flagship daily podcast and associated vodcast, but over time, the team will grow to create brand-defining franchises, and special series for an array of platforms. The Senior Producer will manage the edits on both audio and video, but will also be responsible for pitching, writing, and producing on a range of topics.
This person plays a key roll in content development, overseeing editorial efforts to shape conversations that will give listeners and viewers alike a front-row seat to understanding how America is evolving and why it matters to them.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader and excellent communicator, with the ability to work closely with editors, producers, reporters, product teams and sales teams around the USA TODAY Network. They will function as adeputy to the Executive Producer.
This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the US, except for Alaska and Hawaii or based at our headquarters in McLean, VA. If you live near one of our local newsrooms, you may have the option to use that as a base of operations. This role will include evening ET hours.
Job Level: Digital Producer IV
Minimum salary: $85,000
- Oversee and execute video and audio production including development, planning, booking, interview design, production, scripting and video/audio editing.
- Maintain portfolio of episodes and track production from ideation to edit and distribution.
- Manage publishing process to ensure content is optimized across multiple platforms.
- Regularly assess video and audio performance using Art19 and YouTube analytics to make informed decisions about format, approach and promotion of content.
- Be immersed in digital video and audio industry trends to help ensure our franchises stays ahead of the curve.
- the curated daily news show as well as deep dive episodes.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in journalism or any other subject or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience in digital media, including at least 5 years digital video experience and 5 years digital audio experience.
- Experience producing video and/or audio for digital platforms in multiple formats.
- Demonstrated creativity for episodic approaches to a variety of topics, platforms and audiences.
- Strong writing and editorial decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to manage employees.
- Understanding of Web technology, CMS systems, digital video, digital audio, streaming, video editing and Web analytics.
- Employment is contingent on passing a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $85,000.00 and $140,300.00. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable.
- Job Family Media
- Job Function Content Production
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- United States