Event Operations Manager - Ride the Rockies
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
The Event Operations Manager will be responsible for individual event components as well as leadership for specific properties within the cycling division. This includes Tour of the Battenkill (NY), Ride The Rockies (CO), as well as others. Competitive applicants will have experience working live athletic events. Travel is required and preference is given to those who can adapt and work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
Base Salary: $50,000 - $60,000/annually
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing ride-related event logistics, negotiations, and budgets for specific cycling events from the time the event is established through post-event closeout.
- Preparing and/or providing appropriate information, documents, and maps for areas of responsibility to support permit submission and information sharing.
Primary responsibility during events is the Event Venue logistics, look and feel.
- Overseeing event course, town, and site layout development.
- Assists Marketing in assuring Sponsorship fulfillment at all venues.
- Working to organize and document all necessary permits, event timelines, public safety plans, event design, camping locations and layouts, and parking plans required in the planning and execution of the event.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, as required, with third parties, public agencies, municipalities, and sponsors, to coordinate the production of events.
- Establishing the vision for existing events in conjunction with the Operations team, ensuring events are operating efficiently while maintaining a high brand standard.
- Developing processes that contribute to the financial goals of the organization and overseeing/adhering to established event budgets.
- Working with marketing, customer service, design, and operations teams to meet deadlines and event and company goals, driving continuing efficiency and communication between departments.
- Communicating with the Operations team to identify outstanding action items needed to produce the event and coordinating the successful execution of those items.
- Conducting vendor outreach, quote analysis, and negotiation in coordination with the Operations team, and ensuring timely and accurate payment/tracking of vendors.
- Managing all onsite event inventories, including collateral, registration and volunteer supplies, tents, and branding.
- Managing ride service providers, pre-, during, and post-event.
- Oversees temporary event crew and crew logistics including asset and lodging assignments.
- Travel obligations up to ~50% throughout the year.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- 3+ years overall event management experience, including 2+ years cycling specific experience
- Proven attention to detail with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to hold oneself accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mindset and approach to managing projects and problem-solving
- Ability to forge interdepartmental relationships and build a strong team atmosphere
Proven leadership and management abilities
Qualities required of all Ventures Endurance team members:
Ventures Endurance is a growth-oriented organization with successful team members possessing a strong work ethic and the ability to work individually and as a team. Solutions-oriented individuals with a hands-on approach to identifying inefficiencies and cost-saving opportunities, while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product. The flexible and cooperative environment lends itself to a tight-knit community of employees working together to achieve success.
USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures creates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races, and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories, and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands.
Our portfolio includes the largest high school sports recognition program in the country, USA TODAY High School Sports Awards, and other celebrated brands including the Official Community’s Choice Awards, American Influencer Awards, Rugged Maniac, Hot Chocolate Run, Blockbuster Bucket List sweepstakes, Amazing Teachers contest, and more. Our events are managed with our proprietary ticketing and registration platform, EnMotive.
The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast.
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $38,700 and $93,150. Base compensation is reflective of many factors, including, but not limited to, the market in which one lives/works, individual education level, skills, certifications, and experience. Note: variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable.
- Job Family Events
- Job Function Event Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- United States