Infection Control Practitioner/ RN Assistant - Quality Management (FT, Days
The Infection Control Practitioner/Preventionist- RN Assistant is responsible for assisting the ICP in maintaining an effective hospital-wide infection control and prevention program. An effective program includes responsibility for compliance with regulatory and accreditation bodies; conducting hospital-wide surveillance activities; maintaining nosocomial surveillance data and collaboration with the facility’s surgical staff to identify post-operative surgical site infections. The ICP- RN assistant will assist the ICP with collaborating with medical staff members regarding IC issues; identifies outbreaks of infections and communicable diseases; generates summary reports on nosocomial and other IC-related data and facilitates the Infection Control Committee. The ICP RN assistant will assist the ICP with collaborating with Employee Health Services, the Environment of Care Committee, and P&T Committee as applicable to provide comprehensive and coordinated services.
In order to provide for the prevention and control of infections, the RN Assistant will assist the ICP in conducting ongoing surveillance, education, investigative analysis, direct intervention and communication to all pertinent parties.
Education / License / Certification:
- Currently licensed registered nurse in the state of Tennessee or compact state in good standing
- BSN degree preferred
Experience / Skills:
- One (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse and Two (2) years in a specialty area with assessment skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Self motivated, can work autonomously and ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Computer experience
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Attention to detail and concentration