Clinic Office Assistant - Specialty Clinic (FT, Days)
The Clinic Office Assistant's responsibilities involve all patient relations including, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, cashiering, entering charges, scheduling clinic and hospital appointments, computer work, etc. Hospitality and greeting patients and their families is vital as the office reception personnel is the first point of contact our patients encounter when visiting and/or calling the clinic. Ensures prompt processing of patients from the point of check-in to the clinical area and keeps the Office Manager abreast of issues as they arise in the front office.
- Must possess basic computer skills (email, internet, Excel, Word) and able to work independently with minimum supervision required
- 1 year minimum experience working in a physician clinic or hospital registration/scheduling required
- Must be willing to work extended hours and rotating weekends
- Specialty-specific clerical experience in a physician clinic preferred
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Basic understanding of office equipment such as fax, copier, scan, etc.
- Attention to detail and concentration
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment