Unit Secretary - Outpatient Rehab (FT, Days)
The unit secretary performs a variety of duties and functions related to registration, secretarial, and management of insurance needs for the patient and to assist the therapy staff. These duties require good verbal and written communication skills when working with patients/customers and between therapy staff. The duties include checking in and out patients, scheduling, registration duties, conducting daily charge audits, answering telephones, compose and type meeting notes, greet warmly visitors/callers to assist them with their needs. The unit secretary maintains patient records, verifies insurances, enters therapist productivity, breaks down the medical charts, and assists in coordinating billing. The unit secretary needs to be able to be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the rehabilitation department and the patients they serve. The unit secretary is the first member to the team that the patient and their families meet; having an approachable and friendly personality is an important aspect of this position.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Education / License / Certification:
- High School or equivalent diploma required
- Technical/college courses related to computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access preferred
Experience / Skills:
- 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate
- Operate office equipment and use computers