Registrar - Specialty Clinics (FT, Days)
The Registrar has the primary responsibility of completion of the check-in process for all patient encounters for providers including walk-ins. This includes patient demographics, collecting co-insurance and past due balances, insurance and eligibility verification, and patient outreach for upcoming appointments regarding balance due at time of service. This position will answer multi-phone lines, schedule appointments, assist with workflow inbox, billing, check-out, medical records, collections and missing slips resolution.
Education / License / Certification:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Medical terminology - successful completion of a class at an accredited institution and/or have working experience
Experience / Skills:
- 1-2 years prior experience in the healthcare industry
- 1 year previous registration experience
- Good organizational and customer service skills and the ability to function effectively under stress
- Proficiency in use of computers, printers, fax machines, credit card machines and scanners.
- Attention to detail and concentration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment (such as trauma setting-ER)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time