Switchboard (PBX) Operator - Communications (PRN, Varied Shifts)
The Switchboard Operator has the primary responsibility of receiving calls coming into the Tennova Healthcare - Clarksville facility and transferring those calls to the appropriate areas. This position will be responsible for monitoring the alarms for Fire, Medical Codes, Oxygen levels, Maintenance systems, abductions and community emergencies. Operators will also serve as a base for paging systems for physicians and hospital employees as needed giving excellent customer service to patients, patient families, physicians, hospital staff members and co-workers.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Education / License / Certification:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience / Skills:
- Experience with multi-line telephone systems and paging systems (minimum 1 yr)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally to all patients, patient families, physicians, co-workers and all hospital departments and/or patient care floors.
- Good organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to function effectively under stress.
- Computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Attention to detail and concentration
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment