Medical Technologist - Lab
The Medical Technologist must promote good public relations for the department and Tennova Healthcare while maintaining patient/customer confidentiality. Medical Technologists are responsible for performing the examination of materials or specimens taken from the human body to provide information or materials for use in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of a disease or the assessment of a medical condition. This includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post analytic phases of such examinations. The MT is expected to comply with the direction of the Section Leader in the department assigned. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served; Neonate, Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric. The Medical Technologist applies and implements the philosophy, goals and objectives of Tennova Healthcare - Clarksville.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Laboratory Technologist program
- Licensed/eligible for license in the State of Tennessee as a Medical Laboratory Technologist
- License or permit must be obtained within orientation period
- Board registered as a medical technologist with one of the National Registries associated with laboratory practice
- Able to meet sensory requirements of the job.
- Capable of performing all laboratory tests and related calculations.
- Able to participate in laboratory Quality Assurance Program
- Attention to detail and concentration
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment