Maint Tech III - FT, Days
The Engineering Tech III must maintain the hospital facilities, equipment and systems in good operating condition to ensure minimum down time, maximum efficiency and equipment life. Also, shall be responsible for operation and maintenance of hospital central heating plant, boilers, condensate systems, water treatment and central pant facility to ensure reliable operation, minimum downtime, efficiency and maximum equipment life.
Experience / Skills
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Plumbing certification preferred
- Plant and Boiler Operations preferred
- HVAC Certification preferred
- Special training in electrical, mechanical refrigeration, plumbing, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) preferred
- Some college preferred or Technical school
- At least two years working in general facility maintenance (preferably in a healthcare setting)
- At least two years with boiler maintenance and operations experience
- The Maintenance Tech must work in conditions, which might place him/her in a position of personal danger; must walk, or stand in all types of weather, up and down stairs, etc.
- Understanding and working knowledge of NFPA 99 and 101
- Working knowledge of building trades (Structural/Plumbing/Electrical/Painting)