RN Charge Emergency Department
The Emergency Department Team Lead is responsible for the coordination of the Emergency Department utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation. The Team Lead is responsible for deciding on initial patient assignments in the department, adjusting patient assignments as necessary during a shift, upholding and enforcing Tennova Healthcare policies and procedures, communicating information to staff from supervisors as well as delegating and evaluating the nurse care tendered. The Emergency Department Team Lead is responsible to contribute to the smooth operation of the department and for development of self and others by being a role model and providing leadership.
Education / License / Certification:
- Current registered nurse license in the State of Tennessee or compact state in good standing required
- BLS Certification required
- ACLS Certification required (must be obtained by the end of the month after 90 days of hire or placement)
- PALS Certification required (must be obtained by the end of the month after 90 days of hire or placement)
Experience / Skills:
- Prior experience in Emergency Department specialty required
- Analytical skills necessary to care for patients, to implement effective nursing care, ability to problem solve.
- Interpersonal communications skills
- Attention to detail and concentration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment