PICC RN PRN
(PRN, Day Shift)
Under general direction, the PICC Nurse has authority, responsibility and accountability for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of central and mid line care throughout the hospital. The PICC Nurse functions primarily inserting PICC’s and Midlines, and provides for staff development in areas of expertise. The PICC Nurse assists in the development, facilitation, coordination and provision of educational needs assessments and related special education projects/courses for both patients and staff house-wide. .
As a Registered Nurse at Tennova Healthcare, you’ll play a vital role in doing what you do best - providing quality care to our patients. Our nurses enjoy a robust benefits package including health insurance, flexible scheduling, 100% licensure/certification reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement, and up to $20K for student loan payments.
- Current licensed in state of Tennessee or compact state as Registered Nurse, in good standing
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- BLS Certification required
- Three to five years’ experience as a staff nurse.
- PICC line placement experience preferred
About the Job:
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements, and documents nursing care
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- 36 hours minimum every 6 weeks
We know it’s not just about finding a job. It’s about finding a place where you are respected, valued and where your work is purposeful and fulfilling. A place where your talent is recognized, professional development is encouraged and career advancement is possible.
Tennova Clarksville is a 270 bed, full service, outstanding, acute care medical facility with a 24/7 emergency room, 24/7 laboratory, and 24/7 respiratory services.
Tennova Clarksville has been designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center, a Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care, a Wound Care Center of Distinction, and earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission.
We are proud to feature services in cardiology, emergency medicine, family practice, gastroenterology, general surgery, infectious disease, inpatient rehabilitation center, internal medicine, neonatology, nephrology, neurology, obstetrics/gynecology, oncology, oral/maxillofacial surgery, orthopedics/surgery, otolaryngology, outpatient rehabilitation, pediatrics, plastic surgery, podiatry, pulmonology, radiology, urology, vascular surgery and wound care.
Tennova Clarksville is committed to the delivery of consistent quality services in a safe and fiscally responsible manner that meet the needs of patients, physicians, employees, and our community; and to the maintenance of an environment that encourages individual development, teamwork and pride with compassion and respect for each person.