Lead Special Procedures Tech - Diagnostic Imaging
The Special Procedure (Section) Lead is a professional that has direct oversight of all daily operations in the Special Procedure Imaging Department as well as ensuring quality and regulatory compliance. The (Section) Lead must possess a good working knowledge of the Special procedure processes. The Special Procedure (Section) Lead must serve as a role model for other technologists as well as coordinate the work flow in the Diagnostic Imaging Department. The Section Lead must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit as indicated below
The Special Procedure Lead Technologist is under the supervision of the Radiologist, is required to perform or assist with diagnostic, interventional, routine, operative, and angiographic procedures. The Lead must demonstrate clinical competency in those areas of the department they are assigned to work. The Lead must exhibit expertise in patient care based on the patient's needs appropriate for the patient. The Lead must utilize good public relations and decision-making skills to incorporate patient education and professionalism and adhere to the commitment of quality exhibited by Tennova Healthcare. The Lead will be flexible to assist changes in schedule and rotate as needs arise within the department. The Lead must have knowledge of coding.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science (Radiology) or two-year equivalent accredited educational program in Radiologic Technology.
- Two-years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist is preferred.
- One year of Interventional experience is strongly preferred
- Registered in Radiography with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Vascular Interventional radiography is preferred
- BLS required