Bio Med Tech Lead, Bio- Medical Engineering, FT, Days
The Biomedical Engineering Lead directs, monitors, and participates in the preventative maintenance, electrical safety and equipment repair programs for the biomedical equipment at Tennova Hospital. Maintains preventative maintenance records on all equipment included in the program. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in hospital wide performance initiatives. The Lead assures competency of all biomedical engineering personnel. Individual assists in formulating operating budgets. They maintain efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all TJC, state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Formal BMET training; specific military technical training course graduate OR OEM training and/or certification
- 5 or more years of direct in-house Biomedical Equipment Technician experience
- Demonstrate ability to use basic biomedical test equipment to include but not limited to: Safety Analyzer, Defibrillator/Pacer Analyzer, Incubator/Infant Warming Analyzer, Electrosurgical Analyzer, Voltage and Ohm Meters, Tachometer, and other devices deem as basic
- Assign and track scheduled services and ensure “life support devices” receive highest priority
- Individual must have attended and passed OEM training on medical devices
- Three (3) to five (5) years of management experience in managing biomedical engineering processes, personnel, policies, and annual budgets.