We are committed to providing our customers with outstanding selection and value, the highest quality products and superior customer service. Inspired by the values upon which we began our company, we remain dedicated to our customers, our associates, and our communities.
The Production Planner provides weekly schedules to Production in accordance with the Master Schedule to achieve customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, master schedule alignment, schedule adherence, throughput efficiency, and meet revenue goals. This person will be using SAP S4 Hana and Microsoft Excel, and in conjunction will collaborate with the Operations, Purchasing, Quality, Engineering, Warehouse, Safety, and Human Resource departments to achieve goals. This is an on-site position and reports directly to the Production Planning Manager.
- Analyze material availability and shop floor capacity to create production schedules that maximize efficiency and achieve on-time delivery.
- Work closely with the operations team to resolve material shortages, inventory discrepancies, transaction errors, capacity constraints, and bottlenecks.
- Generate and maintain work orders for production.
- Produce reports to communicate current shortages, excess and obsolete inventory, backlog, lead times, revenue, schedule adherence, and on-time delivery status. Escalate existing or potential issues.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data in ERP that reflects the production schedule and expected ship dates.
- Adhere to the company’s policies, mission, ethics, culture, and values.
- Maintain and promote a healthy and safe work environment by wearing all required personal protective equipment, practicing ergonomics, and notifying Human Resources and/or management if there are opportunities for improvement.
- Perform other job duties as needed.
- Three or more years work experience in Operations and/or Supply Chain
- At least one year of work experience in Production Control, Planning and/or Scheduling
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- SAP experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Must be willing and able to navigate and work safely on the manufacturing floor
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics and/or Supply Chain preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Manufacturing Execution System experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran.