We are committed to providing our customers with outstanding selection and value, the highest quality products and superior customer service. Inspired by the values upon which we began our company, we remain dedicated to our customers, our associates, and our communities.
Microvast’s purchasing organization is looking for a high energy, motivated team member, who is passionate about the procurement profession to fill an immediate opening as Buyer for direct and/or indirect materials, goods, and services. This is a high visibility and growth area within the organization. This position provides an opportunity to work cross functionally within the organization between all area of supply chain, production control, engineering, finance, and manufacturing, as well as Microvast’s suppliers.
Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines as a strong team player will be keys for success. In this role, you will be responsible for processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The buyer will work with staff across multiple departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions, place POs, and update management on status of orders.
- React to MRP demand and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Work with teams across US, Europe, and Asia to coordinate and leverage company’s purchases.
- Assesses financial risks of purchases.
- Occasional travel within North America
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years in buying, other areas of supply chain, or manufacturing control
- Strong manufacturing background.
- Experience sourcing battery or industrial electrical materials a plus
- Bilingual skills a plus
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran.