We are committed to providing our customers with outstanding selection and value, the highest quality products and superior customer service. Inspired by the values upon which we began our company, we remain dedicated to our customers, our associates, and our communities.
Microvast is seeking a Controls Technician for our Clarksville, TN location. esponsible for on-shift support and maintenance of electrical, controls and overall industrial equipment to ensure effective operation to meet continuous production needs.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) including Siemens, Omron, and SCADA systems.
- Troubleshoot production problems and system failures when they occur on a timely basis until successful resolution, including major and minor maintenance of automated and non-automated equipment.
- Manage input/output checks for new projects and process improvements.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems then repair or replace defective parts.
- Maintain and upgrade the plant SCADA system.
- Provide technical support on capital projects.
- Read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic schematics.
- Work closely with Maintenance technicians and Production operators to assure they are properly trained in the use of the plant control systems. Work with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and other subject matter experts to solve system related problems.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree in industrial maintenance or technical school certificate preferred.
- 2 – 5 years industrial controls experience (Siemens/Omron preferred).
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic drawings.
- High level of PLC/Robot troubleshooting (programming experience a plus) with strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to design and apply 3 phase 480VAC circuits, and 120VAC and 24VAC control circuits.
- Must be self-motivated, safety and quality conscious, and possess the ability to work efficiently with minimal direction.
- Previous training on Lock Out / Tag Out procedures and protocols.
- Flexibility to work 12-hour shifts on a 2/2/3 rotation and/or overtime as necessary.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented work environment and with cross-functional teams.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran.