We are committed to providing our customers with outstanding selection and value, the highest quality products and superior customer service. Inspired by the values upon which we began our company, we remain dedicated to our customers, our associates, and our communities.
Microvast is building out a North American purchasing organization in parallel with the construction of our Clarksville factory. Microvast is looking for a high energy, motivated team member, who is passionate about the procurement profession to fill an immediate opening as Senior Buyer for raw materials. This is a high visibility and growth position within the global organization. This is an opportunity to both join at the start of a major manufacturing facility. And be one of the key team members helping to build the company’s SAP S4/Hana purchasing process and procedures. You will be expected to become one of the Purchasing subject matter expert leaders in the company.
This position provides an opportunity to grow your skills and experience by working cross functionally within the organization between all area of supply chain, planning, engineering, finance, and manufacturing, as well as Microvast’s suppliers.
Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines as a strong team player will be keys for success. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and negotiating with suppliers, managing all aspects from procure to delivery, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The senior buyer will work within a supply chain team in Clarksville that has plant and other responsibilities working with other North American facilities.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Manage several key material commodities for the company.
- Process requisitions, place POs, and update management on status of orders.
- React to MRP demand and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Work with teams across US, Europe, and Asia to coordinate and leverage company’s purchases.
- Assesses financial risks of purchases.
- Occasional travel within North America
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or technical related field preferred.
- SAP expertise required and S4/Hana a plus
- 8+ years in buying, other areas of supply chain, or manufacturing control
- Strong manufacturing background.
- Experience sourcing battery or industrial electrical materials a plus
- Bilingual skills a plus
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran.