Principal Consultant, Mandiant
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Netherlands.
- Experience in key concepts relating to the cyber domain, including the intelligence cycle, monitoring, incident management, operations, strategy, doctrine, planning.
- Experience in European Union (EU) laws and regulations relating to cyber security.
- Experience working in operational roles.
- Certification in cyber security (e.g., Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional) (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Ability to obtain a national security clearance in a NATO member country.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as needed.
- Excellent communication skills.
About the job
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work directly with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
- Provide oversight and direction to all Mandiant government engagements, including: Incident Response, Red Team, Strategic Services, Custom engagements
- Lead the design and delivery of Mandiant’s proprietary national cyber capability framework and related services.
- Lead government programs, maintain situational awareness.
- Build partnerships with government law enforcement, intelligence, security and cyber defence organizations across Europe.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?