Business Development Manager - Waterworks
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate opening for a national Business Development Manager role for our Waterworks Strategic Businesses.
This role is approved to be fully remote and can be based anywhere in the United States. National travel of 50% or more is a requirement for this position.
General areas of responsibility include developing and implementing sales and market strategies; identifying potential customers; managing existing customer and vendor relationships; and monitoring customer and competitor activity and industry trends. Positions in business development are responsible for identifying, evaluating, and managing new business opportunities and marketing initiatives.
Areas of impact:
Recommends operational plans and strategies that will directly impact the achievement of overall functional results. Directs the execution of strategies established by functional leadership. Establishes operational plans for job area with short to mid-term impact on results (e.g., 1 to 2 Years). Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, high interest in technology, and frequently influences business decisions made by functional leadership.
Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems, policies, or products to enhance performance of job area. Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and complex. Problems typically impact multiple geographies, departments or specialties. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues. Pushes the boundaries of innovation, finding opportunities to work faster and smarter, and respond to business challenges with ingenuity; finds a way to get the job done without “breaking glass” along the way. Adopts a transparent and authentic orientation towards working collaboratively with others to complete shared tasks and build consensus; bringing others along to ensure the success of relevant organizational changes and/or initiatives. Interest in and experience developing systems and processes to continually improve the company and innovate.
- Contribute to business planning to develop a marketing strategy consistent with the organization's overall mission, vision, and objectives.
- Nationwide focus organized by regions to support key business objectives as required by the Senior Director of Business Development.
- Ensure regional alignment in solutions strategy.
- Monitors and develops market strategies for State, Local, and Federal funding business opportunities.
- Liaise with the Marketing department to develop and implement marketing plans for the organization's solutions to meet established targets.
- Develops strategic up-funnel relationships with Engineers to enhance future market positioning.
- Fostering and forming strategic partnerships with Engineers and other market influencers.
- Provide market intelligence support to analyze and develop business plans for market sector growth and/or acquisition.
- Represents Ferguson Waterworks at industry events and organizations, and actively serves on relevant committees that provide mutual mid to long term value.
- Supports the Senior Director of Business Development and Legal to develop boiler plate agreements related to the market sectors, delivery methods, and partnerships.
- Assists in the negotiation of contractual arrangements, both with Vendor Partners and Owners/Clients
- Responsible for the evolutionary approach for sales of one or more products/brands/go-to-market strategies of the company.
- Stay up to date on the latest in water and related infrastructure treatment technologies and market drivers, including legislative and funding.
- Analyzes effectiveness and uses the information to develop or revise business development strategies.
- Participate in leadership meetings and represent associate concerns, policies, and guidelines to the management team. Ability to lead through influence in a matrix organization.
- Uses CRM to develop, manage, and measure progress of business development metrics & key market analytics to meet strategic objectives.
- Represent the organization to customers, associates and leadership as needed.
- Ten (10) years of experience in heavy civil infrastructure, logistics, and water & wastewater markets is preferred to perform at expectation.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent experience preferred, MBA is a plus.
- Professional Engineer license is a plus.
- Committee and board member roles with industry associations is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Operate with the utmost integrity, bring influential and effective interpersonal skills, possess refined emotional intelligence, and have an impressive history of team leadership.
- Applies in-depth and advanced knowledge and skills within a professional field or business unit, integrating theories and principles into the context of the organization.
- Possesses strong understanding of organizational/business area and how it relates to own professional field. Provides technical advice, coaching and counseling within own expertise area to peers and the organization in general.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$6,900.30 - $15,033.70
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.