Sr. SailPoint Engineer - REMOTE
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. SailPoint Engineer to join the Ferguson IT Security group!
**This role is approved to be Remote or Hybrid in accordance with company policy.**
The Sr. SailPoint Engineer position will be a part of our core identity team focused on delivering and supporting Enterprise Identity Management solutions for both our local and global operating companies. This specific position is a technical role, working hand in hand with our delivery team to develop solutions using tools such as Eclipse. This role will be responsible for release management efforts using GitHub and does require some off-hours commitment and rotating on-call periods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improves and/or adapts work methods based on past firsthand experiences, without the benefit of defined procedures, and identifies solutions to problems through interpretive skills and analyses.
- Provide operational support of SailPoint IIQ, particularly the object model, Java, Eclipse development, and SailPoint accelerator.
- Use out-of-the box capabilities and custom development to integrate SailPoint with systems.
- Knowledge of git version control is required and knowledge of GitHub Enterprise tooling (Actions etc.) is highly desirable.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical IAM solutions that are foundational to enterprise capabilities on a massive scale.
- Work with Delivery team to develop and implement best in class Identity Management solutions on the SailPoint IdentityIQ platform.
- Identify opportunities for automation, evaluate new tools, and drive implementation of technology that creates value for the organization.
- Development of workflows, rules, custom connectors and task definitions.
- Assist in monitoring, troubleshooting, and providing problem resolutions to related incidents.
- Work with the user community to troubleshoot PROD issues and provide workarounds within established SLAs.
- Identify Provisioning failures in the environment and provide solutions.
- Operational support with change and incident management processes.
- Establish monitoring and alerting for key controls, work with Audit teams to support control walkthrough and evidence.
- Champion engineering best practices.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure support activities are aligned with the application designs.
- Build strong relationships with customers, collaborators, and team members.
- Provide regular updates to the management team on work status.
- Share your passion for staying on top of IAM trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Require experience with operational support of SailPoint IIQ, particularly the object model, Java, Eclipse development, and SailPoint accelerator.
- Knowledge and demonstratable expertise with GIT, GitHub EMU, and the release mechanisms involved with SailPoint IdentityIQ. CI/CD experience would be considered a bonus.
- Experience in the Atlassian (particularly Jira) desired.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to efficiently operate computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Experience with system integration tools and techniques.
- Experience with Visio and/or other diagramming tools.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, creative, and efficient in identifying issues, understanding, and proposing solutions.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships.
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Broad experience/understanding of IT operations and service delivery model.
- Applies in-depth advanced knowledge (principles, theories, and concepts) and skills of a specific/specialized technical area within the context of a similar industry or type of organization.
- Certifications not required, but SailPoint IIQ, SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner), and/or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) are beneficial.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$6,805.95 - $11,921.25
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.