Strategic Account Executive - General Contractor
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Strategic Account Executive - General Contractor!
Ferguson currently conducts business through nine business verticals with a mixture of commercial, industrial, and residential offerings; these verticals are largely independent and go to market on a local basis. One Ferguson is an initiative to build an enterprise approach to working with clients, particularly in and around Mega Projects.
The Ferguson Mega Project's Strategic Account Executive / Business Development Manager will be responsible for implementing strategies that cultivate the highest level (Top-to-Top) relationships between Ferguson and the nation’s largest General Contractors. This role collaborates within the Ferguson Mega Projects team that “Finds, Quotes and Manages” qualified projects from inception to completion. Targeted Industry relationships in the General Contractor space is highly desired.
We Are Seeking Someone Who Is:
- A known leader and innovator within the General Contractor community.
- Experienced in the broader Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry.
- Experienced in various project delivery methods, specifically collaborative project delivery methods, and value-add services to the General Contractor community.
- Strong in their understanding of Project Funding to Project Completion, specifically the engagement and key areas of influence for the General Contractor.
- Familiar with federal stimulus programs and the impacts they have on the industry.
- A pioneer with a history of success in Business Development and developing relationships with executive level leadership.
- A relationship builder with partners at varied level of influence and geographies
- A collaborator at heart and a great teammate.
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationship with the highest-level decision makers within designated market to promote One Ferguson brand awareness and profitable business relationships.
- Drive up funnel engagement with C-suite level of General Contractor
- Implement business strategies to achieve profitable business relationships and identify new revenue opportunities which embed Ferguson, our products, solutions, and services into projects early in the construction process.
- Establish and drive cross regional/national business development plans for assigned focus area, with short to mid-term impact on results. Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences business decisions made by functional leadership.
- Manage existing customer and vendor relationships. Monitor customer and competitor activity and industry trends. Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, customer needs, and market dynamics.
- Negotiate and finalize partnership agreements, ensuring alignment with the company's strategic objectives and goals.
- Drive activity to increase brand awareness across Ferguson customer groups, creating downstream benefits impacting all customer groups that could engage in designated market. Better position Ferguson to drive our Own Brand and ESG product strategy.
- Assess and manage risks associated with Mega Project deals that includes understanding the project’s financial, legal, and operational risks, and developing mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate marketing strategies as related to business development efforts. Where appropriate, recommend standards and provide input for sales targets and quotas for assigned market.
- Has authority to establish budgets, approve expenditures and allocate resources as needed within budget.
- Visit with high-level current and potential clients within the assigned market.
- Represent the organization to customers, associates and leadership as needed.
- 8+ years of experience is preferred to perform at expectation.
- Applies in-depth and advanced knowledge and skills within their assigned market, integrating theories and principles into the context of the organization.
- Proven track record of developing new business and building relationships. Exhibits industry expertise.
- Targeted Industry relationships in the General Contractor space is highly desired.
- Possesses strong presentation and high-level influencing skills.
- Provides technical advice, coaching and counseling within own team/expertise area to peers and the organization in general.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$12,300.30 - $20,075.00
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.