2D Commercial / Mechanical Projects Quotations Specialist
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a 2D Commercial Quotations Specialist! As a Quotations Specialist, you will help with the development of quotations on VDC projects while establishing close relationships with the branches, vendor representatives, and ensuring outstanding customer service.
This role focuses on services for 2D Commercial/Mechanical Projects and will support the customers in all territories. If you have experience with industrial and mechanical quotations / estimating, knowledge of building fixture products, and strong time management, this is an excellent opportunity to grow with an industry-leading organization! .
This role is approved to be fully remote and can be based anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
- Gather required data for quote preparation, data entry of new quotes, and contact vendors for job quotes
- Work directly with partners and clients to determine project scope, specifications, requirements, and perform calculations
- Keep current of new products, trends, market cost, and pricing
- Follow up on customer quotes and contacts vendors for material pricing
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure that pricing data is received in a timely manner
- Participate in the resolution of any and all pricing related issues
- Analyze specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts
- Assess cost-effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Sends completed quotes to the FEI sales representative and/or customer, builder, or designer one day in advance of the identified due date
- Confer with owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Develop knowledge of the organization's products, services, and customers by working closely with more experienced brand/product managers
- Recommend products and services that fit well with clients' business needs
- Assist Project Managers with execution of project in accordance with organization's project management methodology according to established project plan
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project
- Establish, maintain, and develop effective sales relationships with major accounts/customers
- Participate in corporate-wide initiatives involving pricing functions, philosophies or processes
- Participates in associate meetings and communicates any concerns to management
- 2+ years of construction-related quotations or estimating experience, required
- Prior use of Planswift, Quotesoft or similar estimating software, a plus
- Strong proficiency with computer and software programs, including all Microsoft Applications, required
- Experience reading blueprints, building plans, or drawings, preferred
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and multitasking skills needed, including the ability to juggle multiple, urgent requests
- Self-starter, creative problem solver, and self-sufficient
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$3,600.00 - $7,791.30
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.