Identity Access Management (IAM) Architect - REMOTE
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson is looking to grow our team and hire an exceptional IAM Architect! The Identity Access Management Architect will define strategies, solutions, processes, and security architectures for Ferguson’s Enterprise Identity Management solutions. This position will directly contribute to the overall global enterprise architecture and lead the Identity Management team’s vision and strategy to support business objectives.
The IAM Architect will serve as a point of contact for technology teams within the organization around matters related to identity management. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across technology and the business to identify opportunities and translate them into solution requirement specifications.
**This role is approved to be Remote or Hybrid in accordance with company policy.**
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in IAM technologies, architectures, and solutions.
- Collaborate with business collaborators and application development teams to define, architect, and implement standard based secure IDM solutions that are scalable, robust, and performant with fulfilling business requirements and Ferguson security guidelines.
- Represents Identity Management (IDM) team in the development and implementation of the overall global enterprise IAM architecture.
- Document and present technical architecture and design with a focus on architectural. standards, growth, performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability and security.
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across technology and business teams.
- Shares knowledge and experience across the enterprise by identifying, recommending, coordinating and producing artifacts in a timely manner.
- Supports and drives the implementation of overall goals and business outcomes as defined by the Infrastructure & Security organization.
- Provide additional level 3 production support as needed.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Two (2) years of experience as an IAM Architect using modern enterprise authentication and access management technologies.
- Four (4) years of experience as a lead IAM Developer for large scale enterprise applications.
- Eight (8) years of IT experience providing solutions and integrations in a large technology enterprise environment.
- Proven hands-on experience with developing/architecting solutions using two or more leading IAM Solution providers such as SailPoint, PING, Net IQ, ForgeRock, Okta, or related.
- Demonstrated experience with performance management and capacity planning for large scale enterprise applications.
- Thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture and hands-on experience with Enterprise Application frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge of authentication protocols such as SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth, MFA, and Risk Based Authentication.
- Knowledge and demonstrably expertise with GIT, GitHub EMU, particularly as it relates to CI/CD.
- Ability to translate business strategies and project portfolios into short and long-term architectural plans, detailed requirements, and models.
- Solid understanding of risk management, disaster recovery, business continuity, IT security architecture, and IT regulatory compliance.
- Ability to comprehend and leverage the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Ability to create estimations of time and resource requirements for different activities and determine which activities can be completed in parallel and in sequence.
- Methodical and able to follow documented procedures and instructions.
- Ability to keep meticulous and consistent documentation of processes, architecture, and solutions.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to independently analyze reported issues, document, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to collaboratively work with technical and non-technical staff, as well as upper management.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences across all levels of an organization.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required or equivalent work experience
- Cyber Security Certification preferred
- CISSP, CISM, or equivalent certification preferred
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$8,470.59 - $14,834.37
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.