Plant Takeoff Specialist/Quotations - Remote
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Quotations/Plant Takeoff Specialist to work with project documents and partner with Project Managers, engineers, and contractors for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants in order to be able to generate a very detailed scope of materials specific to the requirements for each project.
This role is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Review schedule for work required and associated timeline
- Analyze specifications, plans, and details and identify issues
- Set up meetings with Project managers and Plant sales associates for review of overall project prior to starting takeoff
- Send RFI to engineers as needed to resolve issues
- Perform detailed material takeoff
- Mark plans accordingly checking and highlighting items taken off
- Enter specification, phase, system, location, and notes as required for each item
- Note any specific qualifications or alternatives to plans or specifications
- Complete takeoff and review project data for accuracy before releasing to Project Manager
- Review project addenda daily and update scope of materials as required
- 2+ years of experience performing material takeoffs for Waterworks materials
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of pipe, valves, fittings, and misc materials associated with the waterworks industry. Specifically DIP, Steel, Stainless, HDPE, PVC, and Process Valves
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction documents – Plans, Detail drawings, P&ID Drawings, Specifications, Bid forms and front end documents, project management, and construction administration
- Detailed and be able to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strongly organized and with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to handle electronic file management on data server
- Ability to learn new technological advances within our industry and operation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word & Excel
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Sage Estimating is a plus
- Knowledge of Planswift Estimating software is a plus
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$3,600.00 - $7,791.30
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.