Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Proposal Strategist. This position will conduct proposal development efforts in collaboration with business development and leadership to develop distinctive value propositions that enhance our competitive position. Join our Team!
- Create a detailed proposal plan, encompassing the creation of a proposal draft, the development of a win strategy and the assignment of team roles.
- Conduct review of the proposal request and official proposal kickoff meeting.
- Manage multiple projects across a territory. Balance requests from sales, integration, project management, manufacturer line, and Ferguson management.
- Collaborate and connect with associates across multiple levels within Ferguson, in departments such as Risk Management, Legal and Tax.
- Manage deadlines; help guide team members and keep all team members on task and on track.
- Develop Proposal templates; ranging from Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualification / Quote (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI) or an Invitation to Bid (ITB) while establishing close relationships with the sales associates, manufacturer-representatives, and ensuring outstanding customer service and quality product.
- Keep track of current trends, projects, wins/losses, and handle personal workload.
- Coordinate with all involved to ensure that all deadlines are met, and materials are received in a timely manner to complete the request.
- Ensure each quotation request includes all required items. This will vary with each request, but can include: pricing, project schedule, propagation study, team personnel, product offering narrative and required legal forms.
- Leverage creative thinking to draft persuasive content and write responses to unique proposal RFP questions.
- Creation of graphics and visuals.
- Manage timelines carefully and serve as a project manager for proposal opportunities, keeping the team and document on task to deliver a complete and final document on time.
- Find opportunities for improvement in both the quality of our responses and the efficiency of the response process.
- 1+ years' experience with sales administration, proposal development and editing large documents for consistency and accuracy preferred
- 4-year degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience required
- Computer experience with Outlook, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Applications are required
- 3+ years in writing, editing and reviewing proposals highly preferred
- Highly organized and ability to meet project deadlines with efficiency
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with work priorities and requirements
- Ability to work well both in a team setting and individually
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong teamwork commitment and willingness to assist others, connect and engage with all levels in the business
- Ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent assignments with tight deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions with a pre-determined scope.
- Ability to successfully manage tasks and deadlines with a focus on quality and timely delivery and work extra hours where required
- Ability to accurately proofread and make appropriate corrections or recommendations
- High interest in learning new processes, products and systems efficiently Strong Customer Service Skills
Desired skills for proposal specialist include:
- Standard government forms
- Adobe Creative Suite
- MS Word
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$22.50 - $36.49
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.