Business Development Executive - Construction
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson is actively seeking experienced Business Development Executives / Economic Development Managers specializing in one or more of the following market sectors to become part of our team:
- Data Center
- Life Science
This role will be responsible for driving strategies that cultivate the highest level (Top-to-Top) relationships between Ferguson and the nation’s largest General Contractors, Developers, Architects, Engineers, and Owners. This role collaborates within the Ferguson Mega Projects team that “Finds, Quotes and Manages” qualified projects from inception to completion. Ferguson currently conducts business through nine business verticals with a mixture of commercial, industrial, and residential offerings.
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationship with the highest-level decision makers within designated market sector to promote One Ferguson brand awareness.
- Drive up funnel engagement with C-suite level of General Contractors, Owners, Engineers, or Architects.
- Implement business strategies to achieve profitable business relationships and identify new revenue opportunities which embed Ferguson, our products, solutions, and services into projects early in the construction process.
- Establish and drive cross regional/national business development plans for assigned focus area, with short to mid-term impact on results.
- Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences business decisions made by functional leadership.
- Manage existing customer and vendor relationships and lead all aspects of customer and competitor activity and industry trends.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, customer needs, and market dynamics.
- Negotiate and finalize partnership agreements, ensuring alignment with the company's strategic objectives and goals.
- Drive activity to increase brand awareness across Ferguson customer groups, creating downstream benefits impacting all customer groups that could engage in designated market and better position Ferguson to drive our Own Brand and ESG product strategy.
- Coordinate marketing strategies as related to business development efforts
- Establish budgets, approve expenditures and prioritize as needed within budget
- Assess and handle risks associated with Mega Project deals that includes understanding the project’s financial, legal, and operational risks, and developing mitigation strategies.
- 8+ years’ experience in the broader Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry and economic expansion in the Semiconductor, EV/Battery, Data Center, or Life Science market sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Familiarity with government regulations and funding sources for economic development projects and aware of Federal Stimulus Programs and the impacts they have on the industry.
- A pioneer with a history of success in Business Development and developing relationships with executive level leadership and successfully leading large-scale projects in Semiconductor, EV/Battery, Data Center, or Life Science market space.
- Strong understanding of Project Funding to Project Completion.
- Executive presence and high-level influencing skills.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of developing new business and building relationships and exhibits industry expertise.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, ability to provide technical advice, coaching and counseling within own expertise area to peers and the organization.
- A collaborator at heart and an excellent teammate.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$12,300.30 - $20,075.00
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.