Sanitary Product Sales Team Lead
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson represents a significant product and solutions offering to the food & beverage, pharmaceutical, and high purity markets. Our history, brand (expertise), and innovation have made us an industry leader in sanitary process products, and we are searching for a smart, ambitious, and experienced sanitary solutions expert to join our team.
As the Sanitary Product Sales Team Lead, you will interact online or over the phone with our small, medium, and large sanitary process customers, providing them with sanitary fluid processing recommendations for their food & beverage applications. The role supports and assists online customers with product selection and identifying additional opportunities as they discuss the challenge. The Sanitary Product Sales Team Lead works across the entire sanitary product portfolio, including but not limited to tubing, fittings, valves, gaskets, instrumentation, washdown stations, and pumps. The role's primary goals are to offer technical expertise to assist online customers for guidance and product support, grow revenue by proactively offering sanitary fluid processing product solutions, and assist in building long-term professional relationships with our customers and prospects. This can be accomplished by providing the best possible solutions and service for each customer. This role is Remote or Hybrid in accordance with company policy.
- Handle inbound customer service and product calls to deliver effortless, efficient, and personalized experiences for all our customers.
- Answer complex customer inquiries and respond to a high volume of complex internal and external customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Respond to phone calls and email.
- Interpret a variety of fluid processing products, and perform a full range of customer service duties, answer customer questions, research, resolve, and respond to requests.
- Provide technical advice to customers.
- Supply technical data sheets to customers when requested.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to understand their needs and help guide them with their product diversification, vendor representation, and the online experience.
- Effectively demonstrate the features and benefits of our entire product offering and services to online customers.
- Identify long tail opportunities.
- Working with many other groups within Ferguson Industrial.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent knowledge and experience in Business, Sales, or Process Engineering preferred.
- 3 years of sanitary product experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in sanitary fluid processing products and systems for sanitary applications to buyers, engineers, managers, and/or directors of corporations in a competitive market is a plus!
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, senior leaders, peers, and members of the sales organization.
- Be a self-starter who is highly motivated and goal oriented is essential.
- Possess strong negotiation skills and previously demonstrated strong sales skills.
- Ability to work productively with limited supervision, while being a vital member of the team.
- Ability to analyze customer sales and order history.
- Results-oriented salesperson with the ability to identify new opportunities, gain buy in from customers, and close business.
- Consistent record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to handle challenging demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy.
- Coachable with the ability to attend vendor training sessions with experienced technical sales representatives to learn company products and value in dealing with customers.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$19.47 - $42.31
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.