Solution Architect - Master Data Management (Remote)
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson has an exciting opportunity for an MDM Solutions Architect to join the Enterprise Data & Analytics team within the Ferguson IT organization. As a Solution Architect – Master Data Management, you will be working in a multifaceted and transformative organization with the goal of both developing new capabilities while also maturing existing systems and processes. This role is accountable for the end-to-end technical architecture, specifically concerning Product Data ingestion, enrichment, and automation.
**This position may be remote or hybrid in accordance with company policy.**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate sophisticated enterprise data business, functional, and technical requirements into end-to-end architectural designs including data integration and governance.
- Design resilient and extensible approaches to support data orchestration, ingestion, and enrichment from a variety of disparate sources and formats
- Analyze and define detailed MDM processes, tasks, data flows, and dependencies.
- Bring thought leadership, industry, and domain standard methodologies in master data management (MDM/PIM), data governance, integrations, and analytics, specifically in the wholesale or distributor industry.
- Evaluate 3rd party applications and lead proofs of concept to ensure feasibility of architectural solutions.
- Complete technical design, code reviews, and problem identification/resolution.
- End to end application support, including high level customer concerns, ongoing performance optimizations, and the CI/CD pipeline.
- Act as mentor to others on the team, including engineers, business analysts and product managers/owners.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years of overall IT experience.
- 5+ years executing the implementation of enterprise data solutions with an emphasis on product data ingestion and enrichment.
- Experience architecting and delivering solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, and/or GCP) with an emphasis on data orchestration and enrichment. Experience on Azure is preferred.
- Experience with RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, etc is required.
- Experience with big data platforms like Azure Synapse, Databricks, Amazon Redshift, and/or Google BigQuery is desirable.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Azure Cosmos, Amazon DynamoDB or MongoDB is desirable.
- Experience working with data scientists and machine learning engineers applying machine learning models is desirable.
- Experience in designing and architecting application integrations using standardized connectors like SOAP and/or REST.
- Expert level experience defining system architecture, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states and confirmed delivery of comprehensive solutions that will achieve desired business outcomes.
- Solid grasp of environment management, release management, code versioning, and deployment methodologies.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$5,444.76 - $9,537.00
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.