Data Architect - Master Data Management (Remote)
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson has an exciting opportunity for an MDM Data Architect to join the Enterprise Data & Analytics team within the Ferguson IT organization. As a Data Architect – Master Data Management, you will be working in a multifaceted and transformative organization with the goal of both developing new capabilities while also maturing existing systems and processes. This role is accountable for data architecture and mapping, specifically concerning data ingestion, enrichment, and automation.
**This position may be remote or hybrid in accordance with company policy.**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate sophisticated enterprise data business, functional, and technical requirements into end-to-end architectural designs including data integration and governance.
- Craft resilient and extensible approaches to support data orchestration, ingestion, and enrichment from a variety of disparate sources and formats.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing hierarchies, entity types, attributes, relationships, and identity resolution in an MDM.
- Prior experience in designing Product master data hierarchies and reference data preferred.
- Prior experience leveraging machine learning, including feature engineering, predictive models, and entity match/merge for data enrichment and cleansing is desirable.
- Solid understanding of high-level enterprise architecture patterns for data ingestion, storage, processing, and syndication.
- Ensure compliance to enterprise data standards, metadata management, security, business semantics, data modeling and information lifecycle management.
- Act as mentor to others on the team, including engineers, business analysts and product managers/owners.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years of overall IT experience.
- 5+ years performing the implementation of enterprise data solutions with an emphasis on data ingestion and enrichment.
- Solid background in building enterprise data models is required.
- Experience in building batch or real time ETL pipelines with an emphasis on data standardization.
- Experience using RESTful services architecture for data enrichment, validation, and ingress/egress.
- Experience architecting and delivering solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, and/or GCP) with an emphasis on data orchestration and enrichment. Experience on Azure is preferred.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS solutions like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, etc is required.
- Experience with big data platforms like Azure Synapse, Databricks, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, and/or Google BigQuery is desirable.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Azure Cosmos, Amazon DynamoDB or MongoDB is desirable.
- Experience working with data scientists and machine learning engineers applying machine learning models is desirable.
- Experience with real time/near real time data platforms like Azure Event Hubs, Apache Kafka, and/or Amazon Kinesis is desirable
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$5,444.76 - $9,537.00
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.