Sr. Master Data Software Engineer - C# / Python
Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Ferguson is seeking a Senior Master Data Software Engineer (with a strong foundation in C# and Python) to join our Enterprise Data & Analytics, Data Application Technology team to support transformational projects in the product data domain! Product Data is at the heart of Ferguson and having innovative technology to support the strategy and operations of the data is crucial. The Senior Master Data Software Engineer will both support and drive this innovation joining a team that is enthused about shaping the future. Ferguson is seeking minds with a passion and eye for technical and automation advancement.
**This position may be remote or hybrid in accordance with company policy.**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates complex enterprise data business, functional, and technical requirements into technology solutions that enable product data collection, ingestion, enrichment and syndication.
- Conducts proof of concepts, technical design, coding, code reviews, bug id and resolution.
- Works with architects, BAs and QAs to develop vital implementation plans and designs.
- Work with vendors to evaluate 3rd party applications and/or resolve 3rd level issues.
- Conduct reviews, demos and presentations to peers, collaborators and vendors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5-10 years of experience in Data Engineering / Software Development ideally implementing technical enterprise data solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent work experience.
- High proficiency in C# and/or Python is required and knowledge in data management, data integration, data quality, project life cycle phases and industry best practices is expected.
- Prior experience in a master data implementation for wholesale / distributor industry is a plus.
- Hands-on configuration experience of data hierarchies, entity types, attributes, relationships, and crosswalks.
- Proficient in query tuning, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and debugging big data solutions.
- Experience implementing solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, and/or GCP) with an emphasis on data orchestration and enrichment. Experience on Azure is preferred.
- Experience with RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, etc is required.
- Experience with big data platforms like Azure Synapse, Databricks, Amazon Redshift, and/or Google BigQuery is desirable.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Azure CosmosDB, Amazon DynamoDB or MongoDB is desirable.
- Experience with data science and machine learning models is desirable.
- Experience with Terraform, ARM Templates or similar.
- Experience in implementing integrations using standard connectors, publish-subscribe, and other mechanisms (Azure, Oracle, Salesforce CRM, PIM/MDM solutions, etc).
- Familiarity with platform authentication patterns (SAML, SSO, OAuth).
- Solid understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning, and deployment methodologies.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$6,805.95 - $11,921.25
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.