Director of Engagement and Business Retention
Clarksville-Montgomery County Economic Development Council
An exciting opportunity for an experienced economic developer to be part of a team helping to shape the future of the Clarksville-Montgomery County region.
The Director of Engagement and Business Retention will be the initial point of contact for prospective industries looking for a new or expanded location. In addition, this position will maintain an active relationship with an industry after the industry has stable operations in Clarksville-Montgomery County to support and encourage future expansions.
- Primary interface with Tennessee Economic and Community Development (ECD), Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) or other entities for the management and submission of Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Build or strengthen partnerships with external entities in the public and private sectors to support industry recruitment, i.e. local and regional utility providers, financial institutions, Workforce Essential, secondary education and post-secondary education institutions.
- Site visit management, set-up and scheduling.
- Ensure accuracy of contact database and project status, to allow for effective project management and measurement of organizational metrics.
- Manage the BRE program and assist in company outreach. Oversee target list of companies within specific industries and geographic area.
- Analyze current and past departmental performance data, such as announced completed projects reports, Business and Retention Program (BRE) metrics, and project/sales pipeline and propose strategies to improve performance and create efficiencies.
- Manage the IDB initiatives that support the EDC Strategic Blueprint.
- Oversee the collection of all regional demographic and economic data, to include in responses to client RFPs and to use on website and social media.
- Effectively network at targeted events to identify possible lead generation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IDB.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Website administration and GIS familiarity.
- Ability to strategize, present, and sell creatively the initiatives to stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with a team.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships with clients.
Experience – Two years of experience in economic development, with business and industry, project management and recruitment experience preferred.
Education - Four-year degree in Business, Marketing, or related field of study.