Recreation Center Assistant Manager
City of Clarksville
Clarksville, TN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
The Recreation Center Assistant Manager position will assist the Recreation Center Manager in planning, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring recreational and/or sports activities. Responsibilities may include determining recreational or sports offerings; supervising seasonal and part-time staff; scheduling the use of facilities; inspecting facilities; establishing and monitoring facility maintenance schedules; assisting the Recreation Center Manager in monitoring a budget; maintaining records; and preparing operational reports.***PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGH OCTOBER 9, 2023, OR UNTIL FILLED.***
- Example of Duties
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Assists the Recreation Center Manager in supervising seasonal and part-time staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment.
- Assists the Recreation Center Manager in planning and organizing the day-to-day programs and activities, prioritizing projects and assigning tasks, monitoring the work of subordinates, responding to citizen requests and complaints, and reviewing programs.
- Monitors and inspects the facility, which may include scheduling facility reservations, monitoring facility maintenance, and reporting any work orders. Also includes ordering supplies and equipment as needed.
- Assists the Recreation Center Manager with budget preparation and monitoring a budget.
- Prepares a variety of operational records and reports to include: payroll, cash reports, work orders, and supply inventory list.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Typical Qualifications
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.); or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Supplemental Information
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Valid Driver's License
- First Aid/CPR and AED Certified
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Supervisory experience;
- Knowledge of developing recreational programs and administering programs within a community center;
- General knowledge of a wide range of sport and recreational activities;
- Customer service principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Supervising employees and developing a work schedule;
- Overseeing recreation facility and equipment;
- Planning, developing, supervising, and managing programs and/or events;
- Providing customer service;
- Preparing and maintaining records and reports;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, co-workers, supervisor, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to twenty-five (25) pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to extreme temperatures and bloodborne pathogens.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.