Event Planning Technician
City of Clarksville
Clarksville, TN, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
This is the first of three levels in the Event Planning series. Incumbents support the Facility Promotions Supervisor with management of City facilities. Responsibilities may include ensuring rental agreements adhere to established guidelines; setup and tear down of events and internal/external cleaning of venues; compiling reports of facility use; maintaining an inventory of tables and chairs; assisting in oversight of rental facilities; being a liaison between renters and the Facility Promotion Supervisor; and responding to questions regarding the use of City facilities.***PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION WIL REMAIN OPEN THROUGH SEPTEMBER 6, 2023, OR UNTIL FILLED.***
- Example of Duties
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Participates in a variety of facility activities, which includes reviewing rental agreements; maintaining facility inventory counts; responding to questions regarding facility use; and performing related duties.
- Oversees facility events to ensure client satisfaction and event success.
- Placement and set up of tables, chairs, and audiovisual equipment in accordance with floor layout plans.
- Reviews and prepares a variety of schedules, work orders, logs, and/or reports, which includes: compiling and calculating information and data; checking, recording, and updating records; and/or, preparing other related information. Submits information to appropriate individual(s).
- Assists the Facility Promotion Supervisor with supervising part-time staff to include wrking with part-time emploees by creating schedules, assigning work, and ensuring that employees follow policies.
- Operates various equipment and utilizes other tools as needed.
- Demonstrates flexibility and problem-solving skills to resolve critical situations.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Typical Qualifications
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and one year of clerical, or strong customer service experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Supplemental Information
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
- Driver's License.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Basic event planning principles and practices;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Computers and related software applications;
- Safe utilization of cleaning equipment;
- Setting up and breaking down tables, audiovisual equipment, and staging;
- Technical knowledge and experience with Audio Visual equipment (preferred);
- Customer service principles.
- Identifying, documenting, and implementing logistical details of events;
- Attending to details;
- Performing mathematical calculations;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
- Ability to safely operate and utilize cleaning equipment;
- Ability to set up and break down tables and assemble/disassemble pipe and drape.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Responsibilities include inside and outside work under various weather conditions. Moderate physical activity to include but not limited to walking, lifting, stooping, and climbing.
Must work a flexible schedule to include extended workdays, some nights, weekends, and select holidays.
Incumbents may be subjected to bloodborne pathogens.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.