Customer Service Field Technician I
City of Clarksville
CLASS SUMMARY:This is the first of three levels in the Customer Service Field Technician series. This is an entry level position where incumbents perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the inspection and maintenance of water measurement infrastructure. Responsibilities may include inspecting, installing and repairing water meters; repairing water meter leaks; responding to customer complaints; connecting and disconnecting water and gas services; completing various work orders utilizing ServiceLink software; maintaining a supply of tools and equipment; documenting activities; and completing standard reports.
***PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGH 8/29/2023 OR UNTIL FILLED.***
- Example of Duties
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Installs, replaces and repairs water measurement infrastructures utilizing a variety of tools and equipment to include water meters; curve valves; yokes; meter boxes and various other appurtenances.
- Utilize ServiceLink software to complete work orders in response to requests for service calls, determining most efficient routing to ensure completion of tasks within specified timeframes. Performs connections and disconnections of gas and water services in accordance with established procedures to include non-payment and reconnections.
- Maintains records and logs of operation and maintenance activities to include weekly vehicle and overtime reports.
- Monitors and maintains inventory, restocking supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Typical Qualifications
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and one year experience in utility maintenance, construction, distribution, and/or meter reading or general construction, agriculture, and/or mechanics; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Supplemental Information
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Applicable tools, equipment, and vehicles utilized in the installation, repair, and maintenance of utility lines;
- Customer service principles;
- City geography;
- Utility system operations;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Utilizing and maintaining applicable tools, equipment, and vehicles;
- Reading and interpreting GIS information;
- Providing customer service;
- Preparing operational records and reports;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
NOTE:The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.