League Scorekeeper (Part time)
City of Clarksville
Clarksville, TN, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
JOB SUMMARY:The Scorekeeper's primary responsibility is to accurately record the score of the competitive games.
***PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A SEASONAL PART TIME POSITION THAT WILL END WHEN THE SEASON IS OVER. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 15 YEARS OF AGE AND HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF APPLICABLE SPORT RULES AND REGULATIONS. PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE OF SCOREBOARDS IS A PLUS.***
- Example of Duties
- Update scoreboard with correct points for both teams;
- Keep track of fouls on the scoreboard for both teams;
- Start and stop clock in accordance with referees;
- Assist officials with any duties they see required;
- Oversee that coaches sign all players into the scorebook;
- Provide a fair environment for all players, coaches, and fans;
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Typical Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (position requirements at entry):
ABILITIES AND SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Must be at least 15 years of age;
- Knowledge of applicable sport rules and regulations;
- Previous knowledge of scoreboards a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including speaking to groups;
- Ability to continuously pay attention to and notice details while in a distracting environment;
- Ability to deal courteously with the public.
- Supplemental Information
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, sitting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions. Incumbents may be subjected to bloodborne pathogens.
The above description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.