Maintenance Worker (Part-time)
City of Clarksville
Clarksville, TN, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Incumbents perform unskilled and semi-skilled manual labor as directed. Responsibilities may include operating mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, and other similar equipment; operating a vehicle; maintaining landscaping; cleaning roads and public areas of debris; patching potholes; and performing routine maintenance on equipment.***PLEASE NOTE: LANDSCAPING EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED. THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION.***
- Example of Duties
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Performs grounds maintenance activities, which includes: mowing, edging lawns; watering and weeding lawns and gardens; trimming and pruning shrubs, hedges, and trees; performing weed abatement activities; applying mulches; and/or performing related activities.
- Operates and maintains a variety of grounds maintenance equipment and machines which includes: lawn mowers, trimmers, blowers, edgers, weed eaters, chainsaws, and related hand and power tools.
- Performs a variety of road maintenance activities including patching potholes, clearing roads and public areas, and performing related duties.
- Maintains a variety of records related to equipment operation and maintenance, service requests, and/or other grounds maintenance activities.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Typical Qualifications
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Ability to read, write, and follow directions; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Supplemental Information
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Valid Driver's License
- Basic work etiquette;
- Manual labor
- Following written and oral instructions;
- Performing manual labor;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stopping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, and chemicals.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.