Temporary - Parking/Traffic Attendant
Austin Peay State University
Clarksville, TN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Position Summary Information
|Position Summary|| |
The Department of Parking and Transportation is seeking two (2) part-time attendants to enforce parking regulations. Parking Attendants will issue parking citations and work collectively with dispatch and parking staff.
|Primary Duties and Responsibilities|| |
• Parking enforcement including walking patrol and writing/issuing citations.
• Monitor lots and report hazards as well as parking equipment damage.
• May set up, take down, and maintain inventory of all equipment.
• Assist with disabled vehicles as well as battery jumps.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|| |
• Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the University community, and the public.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
• Ability to learn and use parking software.
|Physical Requirements|| |
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
|Required Minimum Qualifications|| |
• High school diploma or equivalent from accredited organization.
• Experience in parking enforcement or a related field, a public safety field, or a position with similar duties and responsibilities.
• Must function well in high-stress environment and maintain ability to work under pressure.
• Must be alert with exceptional memorization skills for oral and written directions.
• Must have proficient computer skills; i.e., Microsoft Word.
• Must demonstrate ability to learn University rules and regulations, parking rules and regulations; and University layout.
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Direct deposit of pay is required.
• A background check will be required of the successful applicant(s).