Director, Product Management
Wherever drivers go, we’re leading the way. Agero’s mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, we’re pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com.
Role Description & Mission:
We’re looking for a Director of Product to lead the strategy and team for a suite of systems that enable Agero to effectively deliver world-class roadside service to hundreds of enterprise Automotive, Insurance, and Fleet clients. You will manage a team of product managers, and collaborate with leaders in engineering, design, operations, and client services to develop innovative technology solutions that impact millions of stranded motorists per year. You’ll have a tremendous impact on Agero’s product ecosystem and be able to see your work get to market quickly. We’re looking for a passionate, strategic thinker who can understand the big picture, but also cares about the smallest details and is excited to get their hands dirty.
- Lead a world-class product organization, consistently delivering high-impact features and enhancements across a suite of products.
- Manage a team of product managers to a high standard of excellence and efficiency.
- Collaborate with leaders in technology, business, and operations to formulate industry-changing product innovations.
- Drive organizational design to best achieve business objectives.
- Formulate, communicate and align on product strategy to achieve key business objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of Product Managers responsible for a suite of products and integrations that enable Agero to deliver impactful services and capabilities above and beyond our core roadside assistance offerings.
- Implement Product Management best practices across a diverse set of product and engineering groups. Drive transparent, efficient, and scalable processes that facilitate the timely delivery of high-quality, low-error products, features, and enhancements.
- Drive alignment with business and technical leaders on the product roadmap, strategy, and prioritization trade-offs to achieve business objectives.
- Partner with architects to design new systems. Effectively communicate product & architectural decisions across a diverse leadership audience.
- Oversee the detailed definition, execution, and rollout of products owned by your team.
- Measure, unpack, and synthesize data to inform product strategy and prioritization.
- Work with your direct reports to understand their career objectives, improve their Product Management skills, and support their long-term growth.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years full-time product management experience
- 3+ years managing 5 or more Product Managers
- User-centric product philosophy and methodology
- Analytical ability to unpack complex problems, synthesize data, and identify root issues
- Excellent communication skills, from engineering tickets to executive presentations
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Fluent in the tools, processes, and technologies of modern agile software development
- Technical or analytical degree and experience with enterprise SaaS platforms a plus
- United States: AZ, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, and VA
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.