Senior Network Cloud Engineer
Wherever drivers go, we’re leading the way. Agero’s mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, we’re pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com.
Role Description and Mission:
This position is responsible for designing and implementing the organization's cloud network infrastructure. Deploys, tests and documents production environments. Diagnoses, identifies, researches and resolves problems associated with the cloud network infrastructure.
- Assesses and determines network requirements for designing and developing network infrastructure.
- Designs and Implements cloud networking infrastructure, including but not limited to:
- Deploying Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups
- Deploying AWS Transit Gateways, VPC peering and other networking interconnect technologies and protocols (e.g.: Palo Alto, Cisco, BGP, etc.)
- Implementing and configuring AWS Direct Connect connections
- Deploying, testing, diagramming, and documenting development, pre-production, and production environments at the network layer
- Composing and leveraging Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g.: AWS CloudFormation templates, Terraform, etc.) to ensure repeatable, sustainable AWS infrastructure
- Participates in project planning related to increasing organization’s efficient IT functioning.
- Reviews and troubleshoots implementation of cloud solutions and products to ensure that they meet the organization’s requirements.
- Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures for cloud networking infrastructure.
Skills, Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or related experience in Science/Information Technology,or Systems Engineering
5+ years thorough working knowledge of IP networking in large networks preferably based on Cisco products, deep understanding of TCP, UDP and layer-2/layer-3 network protocols, familiarity with Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) technology
- 5+ years hands-on experience managing, maintaining and troubleshooting issues in large networks with a mix of Cisco switches, routers, Meraki WiFi and Palo-Alto Firewalls
- 5+ years of the most recent work experience with switching and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, HSRP, SPT)
- Working experience with 802.1x port security and network access policy enforcement in large networks
- United States: AZ, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, and VA
- Canada: Province of Ontario
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.